Responsible gambling policy
Sports betting is meant to be an exciting form of entertainment for adults. Whilst most people enjoy it as a fun pastime and spend only what they can afford to risk, a minority of users have difficulties betting responsibly. We, at allbet, take it as our duty to help prevent the compulsive use of and underage access to our gaming products. We know that our business is only sustainable in a healthy and controlled context. Our responsible gambling policy aims to educate customers, and to assist them with making good decisions in relation to their gambling. allbet encourages you to follow these tips to help you keep your gambling in check:
Tips for keeping it fun
- Remember: it’s paid entertainment. The point of gambling should not be to make money, but rather to enjoy the experience just like you would enjoy going out for dinner or to the cinema. Winning money when gambling is a great bonus.
- Balance gambling with other leisure activities. Gambling shouldn’t be the only activity you do in your spare time.
- Beware of how often and for how long you play. Set a time limit and take breaks – even when you are winning.
- Only gamble with money set aside for entertainment, never with money for everyday expenses or money you cannot afford to do without.
- Decide beforehand how much money you are willing to spend. Decide on a loss limit ahead of time and stick to it.
- Don’t try to win back money you have lost by playing higher stakes or continuing to play after you have exceeded your budget. This is called “chasing your losses” and is very strongly discouraged.
- Never borrow money to gamble.
- Don’t forget that gambling is a game of chance. There are no systems or formulas to guarantee success.
- Try to understand the odds/probabilities of winning and losing, and the rules of the games you are playing.
- Don’t gamble if you are angry, upset or depressed – you can’t make good decisions if you aren’t in the right frame of mind.
- Avoid gambling under the influence of alcohol. Your decisions won’t be as good, and you might play beyond your money or time limits.
Recognising problematic behaviour
If you think that you, or someone you know, may be experiencing issues with gambling, here are some behavioural signs to look out for:
- Mood swings or outbursts brought on by gambling.
- Attempting to hide gambling from family or friends or being dishonest about gambling.
- Trying to borrow money for the purpose of gambling more.
- Gambling for long periods without taking a break, or prioritising gambling over other commitments.
- Gambling most days of the week.
- Chasing gambling losses.
- Setting a limit, but not being able to stick to it.
- Gambling is no longer a source of fun and is causing regret or distress.
Here are some additional links to resources that may be helpful:
Help is always available
If, despite of your best intentions, your gambling starts becoming a problem, know that we will always try to help you regain control. We offer various player protection tools such as deposit limits, bet limits, loss limits and time limits. There are also options for temporary or permanent self-exclusion respectively. All these player protection tools are explained below.
Player protection tools
Allbet actively encourages each of our customers to participate in the management of their gaming account and so offer the various responsible gaming features which can all be accessed under your player account. Once your selected any of self-imposed limit is reached, no more deposits, bets or time playing will be allowed from you until your selected time period has expired. This limit auto-renews at the end of each selected period. These tools allow to ensure a “cool-down period” is in place to prevent impulsive decision making.
- Deposit limits
You can set your account deposit limit for a daily, weekly or monthly maximum amount. Once this limit is reached no further deposits will be accepted onto your account until your selected time period has completed.
- Bet limits
You can set your desired bet limit for a daily, weekly or monthly maximum allowable amount. Once this limit is reached no further bets will be accepted from your account until your selected time period has completed.
- Lose limits
You can set the maximum amount you are comfortable with losing for a daily, weekly or monthly maximum amount. Once this limit is reached no further bets will be accepted from your account until your selected time period has completed.
- Time limits
You can set the maximum time you wish to spend on the platform on a daily, weekly or monthly period. Once this limit is reached you will be notified and automatically logged out of the account until your selected time period has completed.
- Reality checks
Reality check is a built-in feature to assist you in managing the amount of time you spend on gameplay. Reality check reminders will appear during your time online to ensure you are aware of the time you have spent on the site.
- Temporary self-exclusion
Should you need to take a break from gambling, you can opt for our temporary self-exclusion facility. Temporary self-exclusion means that your account will remain closed for the entire period you have selected. WE STRONGLY RECOMMEND, THAT YOU DURING ANY SELF-EXCLUSION TIME SEEK ADDITIONAL SUPPORT AND ADVICE FROM A PROFESSIONAL.
- Permanent self-exclusion
This entails the permanently closing of your account and you will not be allowed to re-open it. Most gambling / gaming operators offer self-exclusion, so if you have other betting accounts with other operators as well, you should request self-exclusion with each operator where you hold an account. We then further recommend that you consider installing software such that blocks access to internet gambling websites, as well as delete any gambling apps and leave any and all tip forums that you think could tempt you to relapse. You can use a self-exclusion tool like www.GamBlock.com to automatically block you out of hundreds of gambling and betting sites.
Allbet does not permit or endorse anyone under the age of 18 to open an account or utilise any of the services we provide. We take our responsibility in this matter extremely seriously.
PLEASE NOTE THAT ANYONE UNDER THE AGE OF 18 FOUND TO BE USING THIS SITE WILL HAVE ANY WINNINGS FORFEITED AND MAY ALSO BE REPORTED TO THE POLICE.
Allbet furthermore reserves the right to request proof of age at any stage in order to ensure the prohibition of play by minors. If there is the suspicion that a user of the website is underaged and/or has falsified any data required to create his/her account, the operator will deny access of the said user to the website.
Here is some advice for parents to have control of the situation:
- Keep your username and password private and don’t enable auto-fill fields on any devices. If you play on a gambling website and live with minors who may have access to your desktop or mobile device, then you should ensure that they don’t have access to your account login credentials.
- Explain to minors the pros and cons of online gambling.
- Regularly check the websites that your children visit to be aware of the risks they take.
- The internet can be unsafe to minors in many ways. It is therefore wise for parents and adults to control the websites that minors visit, such as installing parental control software to help you monitor all activity on your personal computer. You can find more information on this topic at:
www.netnanny.com– Filtering software that protects children from inappropriate web content.
https://cybersitter.27labs.com– A filtering software which allows parents to add their own sites to block.
www.GamBlock.com– Software which blocks access to gambling websites.
Contact and assistance
If you have any concerns or questions that are not covered here, please contact our customer support team who will be happy to help.